Monday, March 16, 2009

How I recently built a 55,000 person optin email list in 2 weeks & how you can too!

Hey Max, I hope you're having a nice Monday. The weather's great here in Indiana today. Very nice, for a change :-)

Anyway, the reason for this email is to share with you how I built a 55,000 people optin email list in only 2 weeks... and how you can use the same strategy to build your own email list.

It's something I did by complete accident, so wasn't really a strategy at the time, but is something you can "rinse and repeat", and actually use as a type of strategy.

Hint: It involves Twitter. And it's something I don't see anyone else doing.

If you don't know what Twitter is, Google it, and you'll see that it's become one of the, if not the single most important Web 2.0 medium in the world.

Let me give you a quick example of just how powerful Twitter can be, and how much business it can drum up for you. This story is going to "knock your socks off" and I've not told many about it until now.

A few months ago, we released a new tool called PPC Web Spy.

Before we released the tool publicly (i.e. before I told a single sole the actual web address for the website) I posted a very simple demo video showing what the tool does, onto my Twitter profile page, so that those following me could see just what I'd been working on the past few months.

In the video, I ONLY showed what the tool did and showed how excited I was about it. It was basically just a video that I wanted to show my friends before I released it publicly.

I didn't mention the URL of the website and even mentioned that it wasn't really ready to sell yet. So, there was no direct way of knowing how to get the tool.

At the time, I had roughly 1,500 followers on Twitter. A decent amount, but not an extremely high amount...

Ok, now, guess what happened after I posted 1 small "tweet" with the link to this demo video?
  1. Some of my 1,500 followers watched the video
  2. Some of those people "retweeted" the message (i.e. reposted the link to the video onto their own Twitter pages) allowing their followers to see the video.
  3. People started going to Google and looking up the name of the tool in order to find the website. They would go to Google and type in "PPC Web Spy" and up would pop the website, where users could actual purchase the tool. We were putting minor tweaks into the product, but it was pretty much ready and was available to buy.
  4. This cycle continued and grew and grew and within 2 weeks, I built an optin email list of over 55,000 people!

Yes, that's right, 55,000 people signed up and downloaded a free copy of PPC Web Spy! These are 55,000 people that I can now build long term relationships with for many years to come.

.... and this was 100% done by 1 single twitter post!

I hope this all makes sense, because I know of no other single, free medium where you could make 1, (140 character) post and turn that into a 55,000 people email list in 2 weeks! Do you?

With that said, I strongly, strongly urge you to:

1. Follow me on twitter here, so I can share many many more tips like this with you:

=> http://www.twitter.com/brad_callen

If you don't have a Twitter account, click the link above, and then create one. Then start "tweeting" asap. Do what I did and you'll soon have a much bigger email list.

I can promise you that, if you do things right, it will most definitely help you grow your online business.

So, again, go here and follow me on Twitter so I can share more valuable info like this with you. You'll also be able to see pictures, videos, etc. of me and my family, and can keep up to date with the various things I'm up to (if you care)

=> http://www.twitter.com/brad_callen


Have a fantastic week!

Brad Callen
Bryxen Software, Inc.
P.S. Follow me on Twitter here:
=> http://www.twitter.com/brad_callen

No comments:

Post a Comment